At Sensu, if you have a complaint then we encourage you to tell us. It will be processed with great attentiveness and taken very seriously. This is because we believe in the power of honest feedback to prompt a proper response.
Our aim is to provide the sort of service that eventually does not require a complaints procedure. However we are pragmatic and understand that to get there, we need to truly value constructive criticism and show that we are able to learn from it. Your complaint will be handled sensitively and tactfully, always.
1. We have a dedicated Complaints Manager on hand to personally deal with every issue.
2. Every complaint is logged by the Complaints Manager in an Events Record. It is then assigned a unique reference number and summarised in a separate document for assurance.
3. We have a 48 hour maximum resolution time for oral complaints.
4. If the case requires more time, we send an ‘initial response’ within three working days and then proceed with further investigation.
5. If a complained is lodged at the reception or by phone then we endeavour to refer the patient to the Complaints Manager immediately. Should this not be logistically possible, arrangements will then be made with the patient for a mutually suitable meeting time. After this, the complaint details will be taken and passed to the Complaints Manager. If a suitable meeting time cannot be arranged or if the patient wants an immediate resolution then the details will be passed to the most suitable member of staff to handle the complaint.
6. The Complaints Manager directly receives email or letter based complaints.
7. Complaints regarding technical aspects of clinical care will be passed to the dentist unless the complaint specifically instructs otherwise.
8. Once a written or email complaint is received then a letter or acknowledgement is sent within 3 working days, accompanied by a copy of these complaint guidelines.
9. From here we internally investigate the complaint within 10 working days of receipt in order to properly outline the conditions that prompted the complaint. The patient can then choose to meet us in person or discuss the matter over the phone. If the 10 working days allocated for investigation elapses, we will notify the patient and specify a new time frame for concluding the investigation.
10. Upon successful completion of an investigation, the judgement made shall be officially confirmed in writing to the person who lodged the complaint.
11. Detailed records of any and all complaints are retained.
12. Should a patient be dissatisfied with the outcome of a complaint or be unhappy with our complaints system then they should contact: